Our MissionMay 22, 2020 2022-01-06 16:29
What We Believe
Word Spirit Mission
Eston College exists to equip students to know the Scriptures and the power of God to further the Great Commission.
Presenting to everyone the Word of God in its fullness (Colossians 1:25); growing in our awareness of the will and
character of Jesus Christ as made known through the Bible so that we can become more mature—able to discern
between right and wrong (Hebrews 5:13-14).
Providing an environment of spiritual formation that enables growth through insight and understanding that comes
by encountering the Spirit of God (Colossians 1:9); being empowered to develop and serve in our spiritual gifts and
abilities given by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:11).
Taking the things we learn from and about God and putting them into practice both individually and in community;
exercising godly practices and Christian service in the home, workplace, church and our world (Philippians 4:8-9);
resolving to live a life marked by good discipline and stability of faith in Christ (Colossians 3:23).
By the completion of their studies, our students will:
- Develop a Christian worldview that is founded on Scripture through college-level education that values cultivating self-agency, public proof of learning, and experiential teaching.
- Grow in the Fruit and Gifts of the Spirit by nurturing devotional rhythms within a pentecostal community.
- Acquire practical skills for ministry in the home, marketplace, local church, and mission field.
- Gain motivation to reach the least-reached, serve the marginalized, value the global Church, and care for creation.
- Know and experience the daily outworking of salvation by overcoming sin’s entanglements to live a joy-filled, abundant life.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Eston College is a Christian College that fosters a biblical view of life as understood in the Pentecostal and Evangelical traditions.
Therefore, we believe:
- That the Apostles’ Creed contains the central tenets of the Christian faith and that it is the basis for Christian Fellowship.
- The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada has articulated the tenets of faith that distinguish the Evangelical community in Canada.
III. Within the Pentecostal tradition there are several historical distinctives that distinguish the Pentecostal expression of the Christian faith. Some of these historical distinctives are also specific to the expression of faith within the Apostolic Church of Pentecost of Canada. These distinctives profoundly influence the expression of Christian faith within the college and the content of our teaching in related courses.
We recognize and respect these distinctives:
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative written Word of God.
- In the eternal existence of one true God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the Savior of men, the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man.
- In the creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness.
- Forgiveness of sin and eternal life is freely offered to all by our Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation of sinners is by grace through faith alone, in the perfect all-sufficient work of Christ, who died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day for our justification.
- In water baptism of believers by immersion in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the baptism with the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation with the scriptural evidence; namely, speaking in tongues.
- In the gifts of the Holy Spirit as enumerated in the book of Acts and the Epistles.
- In the Lord’s table as a memorial for believers.
- In divine healing as practiced throughout the New Testament.
- In the eternal life of the believer and the eternal punishment of the unbeliever.
- In the Spirit-filled life. The Holy Spirit is the catalyst for sanctification and seeks to produce His fruit in the believer’s life as his or her mind is renewed and is conformed to the image of Christ.
- In the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His Church.
ABHE - Outcomes Statistics
Eston College is an ABHE accredited college. As part of our accreditation standards, Eston College posts the following data each year: our program completion and retention rates.