Our MissionMay 22, 2020 2021-05-07 16:11
What We Believe
The Scriptures & the power of God
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Eston College is a Christian College that fosters a biblical view of life as understood in the Pentecostal and Evangelical traditions.
Therefore, we believe:
- That the Apostles’ Creed contains the central tenets of the Christian faith and that it is the basis for Christian Fellowship.
- The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada has articulated the tenets of faith that distinguish the Evangelical community in Canada.
III. Within the Pentecostal tradition there are several historical distinctives that distinguish the Pentecostal expression of the Christian faith. Some of these historical distinctives are also specific to the expression of faith within the Apostolic Church of Pentecost of Canada. These distinctives profoundly influence the expression of Christian faith within the college and the content of our teaching in related courses.
We recognize and respect these distinctives:
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative written Word of God.
- In the eternal existence of one true God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the Savior of men, the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man.
- In the creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness.
- Forgiveness of sin and eternal life is freely offered to all by our Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation of sinners is by grace through faith alone, in the perfect all-sufficient work of Christ, who died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day for our justification.
- In water baptism of believers by immersion in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the baptism with the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation with the scriptural evidence; namely, speaking in tongues.
- In the gifts of the Holy Spirit as enumerated in the book of Acts and the Epistles.
- In the Lord’s table as a memorial for believers.
- In divine healing as practiced throughout the New Testament.
- In the eternal life of the believer and the eternal punishment of the unbeliever.
- In the Spirit-filled life. The Holy Spirit is the catalyst for sanctification and seeks to produce His fruit in the believer’s life as his or her mind is renewed and is conformed to the image of Christ.
- In the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His Church.
Eston College exists to equip students to understand the Scriptures and experience the power of God to further the Great Commission.
We present to everyone the Word of God in its fullness (Col 1:25), so that you may grow in awareness of the will and character of Jesus Christ revealed in the Bible (Luke 4:18), mature in your faith, and learn to discern between right and wrong (Heb 5:13-14).
We provide an environment of spiritual formation that enables growth through insight and revelation that comes from the Spirit of God (Col 1:9), so you will be empowered to develop and serve in your Holy Spirit given gifts and abilities (1 Cor 12:11).
We develop thinking skills through the study and application of God’s wisdom and cultivate godly relationships, so that you may foster Christ-like character and grow in wisdom and favour with God and people (Luke 2:52).
We apply the things you learn from and about God and put them into practice, both individually and in community, so that you can exercise Godly practices and Christian service in the home, workplace, church and our world (Phil 4:8-9), empowering you to live a life marked by good discipline and stability of faith in Christ (Col 3:23).
ABHE - Outcomes Statistics
Eston College is an ABHE accredited college. As part of our accreditation standards, Eston College posts the following data each year: our program completion and retention rates.